RE: Original work [was RE: STC certification program: skeptical curmudgeonlyness, part II]

Subject: RE: Original work [was RE: STC certification program: skeptical curmudgeonlyness, part II]
From: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Janoff, Steve" <sjanoff -at- illumina -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:16:06 +0000

Oh yeah... that writer worked with me too! In 3 different incarnations!

That's why on-site testing and interviews are really really valuable.

In the above lost-cause cases, I smelled trouble when I interviewed them... but kinda had to pick the best of a bad lot to fill the position. Each time the red flags that poked up during the interview turned out to be very, very real problems.