Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: STC certification program
From: Steven Jong <stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Kevin McLauchlan <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Digest <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 14:01:51 -0400

Kevin McLaughlan says:

> Basically, all that's needed to address my concern in that
> area is that STC publish a hard-and-fast list of "core skills
> and abilities" that must be demonstrated in the cert submissions
> for the coming year, and then keep that list PUBLIC and
> UPDATED, at least a year-and-a-half ahead of every upcoming
> [re-]cert window.

Fair enough. Other associations (for example, the Project Management Institute, the American Society for Training and Development, and the Canadian Society for Training and Development) have published their bodies of knowledge in pretty much exactly that form. We would like to emulate that model.

In the meantime, the candidate instructions are posted at the URL in my signature block. What we're asking is not a secret.

-- Steve

--
Steven Jong, Chairman
STC Certification Commission

mailto:SteveFJong -at- comcast -dot- net
mobile:978-413-2553

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
-- Margaret Mead

http://www.doctohelp.com