Re: Certification -- what's in it for writers

Subject: Re: Certification -- what's in it for writers
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:04:40 -0400

Interesting thought just popped into my head. If STC wants to really
advocate the importance of technical communication, then it should
align its certification with degree programs from accredited schools.
It would certainly be working against anyone who is an established
technical communication professional from a different collegiate path
(or no formal education beyond high school), but then it would build
on an accredited learning path.

Just a thought. File under "certification:everyone, will not work for".

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com