Re: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?

Subject: Re: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L Digest" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:56:56 -0400

Rates were low last year and the first of this year, with many in the $25/hour range. I saw some as low as $11 per hour and the $20 to $30 range typically leaned toward the $20.

However, I am seeing a lot of jobs come along that are back up around $40 or more an hour again.

I guess they got what they paid for at those $20 rates and now they need someone good to fix it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>