RE: Revision control

Subject: RE: Revision control
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com" <M -dot- Vina-Baltsas -at- mindray -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:55:51 -0800

Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

> It seems to me that you have a 21CFR820 compliance problem if you can't
> cross-check your document revisions against their associated device
> versions.

Yeah, it's hard for me to believe that a US medical device manufacturer wouldn't have a tightly controlled process in place for releasing new versions and their docs. Aside from the thousands of pages of regulations, there are liability issues...

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom