Re: need suggestions on handling a boss

Subject: Re: need suggestions on handling a boss
From: Steve Schwarzman <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 17:24:18 -0500

>It sounds like you may have misunderstood the double context of
"documentation."

I understood the double context of "documentation," but don't hold much
stock in it doing much good for Kari. Once you get into that employee-said,
manager-said thing, formal procedures aren't likely to help in most cases,
aside from actual legal stuff (like the harassment cases) as people have
noted.

If her boss is gunning for her, chances are not in her
>> favor that some higher-up will want to read her dutiful documentation of
>> what her boss told her, and what she did, etc. etc. It's far more likely,
>
> think, that the upper boss will simply rely on what Kari's boss says. In
> employee-said, manager-said situations, directors tend to side with
> managers.
>

> >You are misguided.
>
> I'm not saying that this is how the world should be, but how I think it
often is.

Steve Schwarzman
--
*Technical Writing Management: A Practical
Guide*<http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Writing-Management-Practical-Guide/dp/1456534181?&tag=writersbookmall-20>

http://www.doctohelp.com