Re: ANONYMOUS POST: Staffing with unskilled workers

Subject: Re: ANONYMOUS POST: Staffing with unskilled workers
From: "Dana Worley (MVP/JB)" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 09:19:14 -0700

I agree, Bill, that we are hearing only one side of the story.

Aside from the "unskilled worker" issue, depending upon the products and the release scheduler, 11 products may not be an unreasonable workload. I would question what management's rationale is for refusing to hire another person. Perhaps they feel that a competent technical writer should be able to keep up.

If that is the case, then the OP needs to kick it in gear or present enough data to management to hire an additional resource.

Dana W.

From:
Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date:
1/6/2012 1:04 PM

We only know one side of the story. Frankly, 8 years of putting up
with an ever-increasing workload while getting zero help causes me to
raise an eyebrow. Either OP never raised the issue until it became
unbearable, tried but lacked the confidence to do it effectively (see
cadet Laverne Hooks from Police Academy), or management truly doesn't
care. But 8 years putting up with it... Something's amiss there. Thus
the tone I took in my initial reply.

You need to stand your ground, because no one else is going to do it for you.
--
Campbell Scientific, Inc.

http://www.doctohelp.com