Re: MS OneNote uses for tech comm

Subject: Re: MS OneNote uses for tech comm
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:15:57 -0500

D'oh! Losing! Losing 30-40 minutes worth of work! Though for all I know the
proxy did set the unsaved text free to roam about the Interwebs.

Forgot to mention what annoys me about OneNote: No Android app and the
drawing tools do not recognize the eraser on the Wacon pen. Instead either
end of the pen simply uses the currently selected drawing tool. I've kind
of worked around the second problem by changing the macro for the eraser on
the pen when OneNote has focus from Wacom's "eraser" function to the
keyboard shortcut for selecting the OneNote's eraser. A single tap with the
eraser end of the pen and the eraser tool is selected -- but then of course
either end of the pen is an eraser.

-Greg

01/10/2012 12:02:28 PM:

> From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
> To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
> Cc: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com,
> Date: 01/10/2012 12:03 PM
> Subject: Re: MS OneNote uses for tech comm
> Sent by: techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>

> Hi Nancy,
>
> I use OneNote quite extensively for all my projects. Though most of my
> projects are synchronous learning with a bit of self-paced learning
thrown
> in here and there at this point. I still do a fair bit of tech documents
> support those training efforts, mostly user documentation and help
systems.
> Essentially OneNote has replaced the spiral bound notebook for me.
>
> The major benefits of One Note for me are that it includes good drawing
> tools and it works on our network.
>
> I've tried Evernote in the past, and see all the benefits of using it
> (cloud based, on any device, etc.) but its insistence on maintaining an
> Internet connection and the government proxy server I sit behind all day
do
> not play nicely together and after loosing...and some other words I
didn't misspell....
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.doctohelp.com