Re: documentation going away

Subject: Re: documentation going away
From: Connie Giordano <connie -at- therightwords -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:01:41 -0500

Agreed, which doesn't make it any less short-sighted than any of the other
tactics companies often take to make the quarterly sales goals. If user
experience really is the watchword for 2012, I suggest senior management is
really a long way from understanding how it works and what it means to
their product management strategy (including training sales people to
explain the most basic features to someone who obviously is replacing older
technology).

I'd be curious to see what the customer satisfaction levels are for
products that limit their support to a quick start guide and community
forums.

I have no interest in joining a community forum for my phone, it is not the
center of my world, and I'd rather spend what little time I have for
visiting forums on topics that are more important to me (to each his own I
guess). I don't know how many other consumers feel this way, but I'm pretty
certain I'm not the only one out there. And this goes for all sorts of
products, not just phones. Companies putting the effort behind creating a
good product experience understand this,do the audience analysis, and
provide documentation in multiple ways. They just seem to be few and far
between.

MTC

Connie

--
Connie P. Giordano
Principal Consultant

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

http://www.doctohelp.com