Re: Best practices in corporate/product branding and domain names

Subject: Re: Best practices in corporate/product branding and domain names
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Anonymous <anonymous -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:38:00 -0500

I just went through all of this last year with
http://globalscript.com. The domain was taken, and we'd been using a
hyphen, but the hyphen is not memorable nor does it "flow" well, so we
bought the domain from the owner (after much haggling). I mean, do you
want to say "check out orange software dot com" or "check out orange
hyphen software dot com"? I think you'll find orangesoftware.com or
something similar will work well for you. But, also consider the
length of the domain name.

Also also... ;) Consider multiple domains that redirect back to
"home", whatever that may end up being.

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood