Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:11:12 -0600

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2012

posting is sent daily directly to all list members to help
underwrite the costs of the list (just as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or
journal underwrite the costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following:

· *Better UX through Better UA: The Conference for User Assistance,
Memphis * March 11-14 (Discount if Registered by Jan 30)*

· *Adobe’s new Facebook Community for Technical Communications and
Content Professionals*

· *Free Webinar: Moving from FrameMaker to Flare | February 7,
10:00-11:00 AM (Pacific)*

· *Call for Submissions for February & the Latest from Tech Writer
Today Magazine*

You'll find information about these ads and how to place your own at the
end of this note.

*################################################################*

*Better UX through Better UA: The Conference for User Assistance,
Memphis * March 11-14 (Discount for TechWhirlers)*

The focus of the Conference for Software User Assistance is on developing
the best possible user experience for all types of software applications
through well-designed interfaces and helpful and accessible support
information.

Featuring 35 of the top experts in the user assistance field.

All the details are available: http://bit.ly/writers_UA_conf

Early registration ends March18. This is extended to Jan 30 for TechWhirl
members. Contact us by email (shannonm at writersua dot com) to get the
early price. Save $300 and gain a chance to win an iPad, Roku, or Kindle
Fire

*################################################################*

*Adobe’s new Facebook Community for Technical Communications and Content
Professionals*

We have introduced our new look Facebook community. This community welcomes
all technical communication and content professionals to come together and
connect, discuss, comment, rejoice and enjoy the content available here.

http://www.facebook.com/adobetcs (Join us if you already haven’t!!)

Check out our blog post on our new Facebook Community Page:
http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2012/01/fbcommunity.html

*################################################################*

*Free Webinar: Moving from FrameMaker to Flare
February 7, 10:00-11:00 AM (Pacific)*

Presented by Eddie VanArsdall, Content Strategist / Technical Writer /
FrameMaker expert

Are you using FrameMaker as your primary authoring tool? While Frame is
great for book publishing, it requires separate tools and plug-ins to
single source content for the web. If you are tired of the expense and the
headache of using multiple tools, this is a webinar you don’t want to miss.

Flare matches and exceeds FrameMaker’s best features, including variables,
snippets (equivalent to text insets), conditions, and versatile
cross-referencing formats. And Flare doesn’t restrict you to a linear,
book-based model. You can manage content at the topic level and build
multi-sectioned, double-sided books or websites and knowledge bases. Your
choice.

Join FrameMaker expert Eddie VanArsdall as he demonstrates how you can
adapt your FrameMaker workflow to a full-on, single-sourcing solution with
one tool: MadCap Flare.

Register: http://goo.gl/5nWBC

Articles on TechWhirl’s Tech Writer Today Magazine:

Next Month’s Theme is More than a 1000 Words: Techniques for Visual
Communications

Do you have an article or an idea you’d like to propose to us? We’re
looking for submissions. Deadline is January 25th so we can get everything
scheduled: *bit.ly/tmZ0ta* <http://bit.ly/tmZ0ta>

New on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>:

· The best posts on Tech Comm from around the web: Tech Writer This
Week: Jan. 19, 2012 |http://bit.ly/yc5Ej4

· Integrated Technical Communications: A Map to Better Understanding
| bit.ly/yDvCo4 <http://t.co/blgn5P2F>

· New Poll: Traditional technical communications deliverables going
away? | http://bit.ly/AllwZD

· LavaCon Redux - interview with Corey Ganser | http://bit.ly/x6WNpi

Tech Comm News:

· Apple releases free app, iBooks Author - tool for those producing
ebooks. | http://bit.ly/xGINVX <http://t.co/vZu6wBIZ>

· Aptara Launches PXE4.1 Publishing Platform for Technical Content

· DITA: “Crossing the Chasm” Webinars Scheduled | http://bit.ly/zKLIuT

· Lattice Releases XVL Studio 10.1b for Technical Documentation |
bit.ly/xsV0sJ

*################################################################*

*Follow TechWhirl’s Tech Writer Today Magazine*

Google + Page, Behind the scenes @ TechWhirl: http://goo.gl/XwPt3

Follow us on Facebook | http://goo.gl/tDrW7* (Posts and discussions)*

communication news)

Follow on RSS | http://goo.gl/msLzu (the site via RSS feed)

Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU

*About posting ads:
*Paid announcements to our email list:

Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 3000 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TechWhirl Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwhirl.com/events

For announcements and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 3000+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact us
(admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com).

Want to post a job? Add it our new website
TechCommJobs.Com<http://technicalcommunicationsjobs.com/>
. For a limited time all postings will be promoted on our magazine
TechWriterToday.Com
and be featured in our TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement. Learn more
about TechCommJobs | http://goo.gl/DAjTL
Find a Job. Build a Career in Technical Communications with TechWhirl.

http://www.doctohelp.com