Re: Editing mp4 files

Subject: Re: Editing mp4 files
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:20:41 -0800

Yes, this is the one.

I don't have any particular tips regarding its use. I did really appreciate
being able to plug my headset directly into the USB converter for real time
monitoringâjust like my days in radio broadcasting.

The trick with the mic is positioning. For my workhorse model, this meant
keeping it at mouth level about 8" to 10" away and speaking across the mic.
Yes, I always use a windscreen.

Just like when I used to record radio commercials, don't worry about making
a goof. Simply keep going, perhaps making a mental note as to which "take"
is best. If it's a long paragraph you're reading, I might suggest recording
one sentence at a time, leaving a gap between sentences that can be edited
out during your post-production. Also, try to read conversationally, as if
you're merely conversing with a good friend (it can help to have a mental
image of that person in your head in order to get the bestâand most
friendlyâintonations and inflections.

http://www.doctohelp.com