Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)

Subject: Stupid users (was Re: Is there a term for this?)
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: "techwrl (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 21:23:49 +0700

> My world, like yours, is full of techies who make sure to save their work, and it is easy to fall into thinking that this behavior is normal. But it is not. Non-technical computer users are just not that way, however hard it is to believe.

Hi Jessica

I don't dispute that, and that's why I said (twice) its understandable that Apple is taking the direction it is. However, it's also regrettable for 'the techies' (to borrow your term) that Apple hasn't implemented the 'please everyone solution' that you allude to: give us the option to turn these features off.

Where I part company with you is in the belief that its only 'techies' that want such an option (unless by 'techie' you mean anyone that does anything more than use iWorks, Safari and Mail, in which case we are of a similar mind). The Apple forums have been - and continue to be - stuffed full of what I would call 'ordinary' users who are livid about having these features forced upon them.

Best

Phil
Tech Writer
http://applehelpwriter.com