Re: cloud backup services, for EXE files ?

Subject: Re: cloud backup services, for EXE files ?
From: Katherine Noftz Nagel <lists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:04:24 -0500

On 2012-02-10 9:06 AM, Monique Semp wrote:

Why not try Dropbox? https://www.dropbox.com/

Good question/suggestion. I'm looking for an automatic solution though
-- not something that requires me to be disciplined enough to routinely,
frequently, and actively select which files I want to have backed up.
The big benefit of a solution specifically intended for backups is that
it will happen automatically.

I'm using Dropbox for my offsite backup. I put my original documents, pictures, and music directories in Dropbox, then put aliases where the OS and applications expect the directories to be. Backup is automatic, and I have access to all my stuff from both my desktop computer and my laptop.

Have been less successful with working apps, but no problem at all with installers. Been able to switch all but one of my email accounts to IMAP, so my mail is accessible on both computers as well.

--
Kat Nagel, Owner
MasterWork Consulting