RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia

Subject: RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <Techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:11:29 -0800

I'm not so sure about that, Julie. I don't think it would hardly
register if I had to pick "U.S./Canada". Now, I would probably wonder
about a "U.S./Mexico" grouping, but only because it's unusual to see
them lumped together in anything other than a purely geographical
context. But neither would bother me if there's a reason to combine
them.

I should add: I would absolutely NOT tolerate "Canada/U.S.". That's just
wrong!

-Brian H.

-----Original Message----- From: Julie Stickler

I think most people would not appreciate seeing their country lumped in
as part of another country just because they are geographically close to
each other.