Ghostwriting question

Subject: Ghostwriting question
From: Matt Gras <mattgras -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:05:30 +0000 (UTC)

OK - not strictly a tech- writing question -- but I've been approached to ghost-write a book about a failed high-tech startup. Anyone here have any experience ghost-writing books? I'm particularly interested in thoughts about how to (I'm thinking of suggesting that the author record his thoughts, with me transcribing them) and how much (an hourly rate? project rate? a percentage of royalties should there be any?)

Thanks,

Matt