RE: Mac laptops and Tech Comm

Subject: RE: Mac laptops and Tech Comm
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Craig Cardimon'" <craig -dot- cardimon -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:08:47 -0500

Not sure if all come with Firewire. All our laptops have both Firewire and
USB ports with the exception of our Acer netbook, which has three USB ports
only. Then again, we got the netbook for traveling. In addition to technical
writing, my wife and I have a blog (gooterschmeltz.com) and I am a
professional photographer (see website below). We use the netbook to
temporarily store images shot on the road and to back them up to a portable
1GB HD. I used to use Photoshop, but found that Photoshop Elements and Corel
Paintshop Pro X3 do everything Photoshop does for less than half the cost.
We also use Premier Elements for any video productions for the same reason.
It's far less expensive than the full-blown program and I no longer do
commercial video productions.

Firewire is faster than USB 2.0, but USB 3.0 is coming on the scene and it's
as fast as Firewire. (I should add that I am semi-retired, so speed isn't as
important as it used to be in my life.)

Al Geist-Geist Arts, LLC

Fine Art Photography - Exceptional Note Cards

Mobile: 231-301-5770

E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com

Website: www.geistarts.com <http://www.geistarts.com/>

Blog: www.gooterschmeltz.com

Facebook: Geist Arts
<https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Geist-Arts/331622254657>

See Also:

Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management
<http://www.geistassociates.com/>

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to
create them." (Albert Einstein)

From: techwr-l-bounces+al -dot- geist=geistassociates -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com