RE: spam and who you formerly were

Subject: RE: spam and who you formerly were
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Steve Schwarzman <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:01:19 -0500

Just shows-ta-go-ya, things you think are self-evident are... not.

To me it was self-evident, for example, that the opt-out link in
the messages was insufficient. When queried, I explained why.
And then the circling of the drain started.

I was just pointing out that folks on the list who have external website content/function
as part of their TW-ish duties might want to consider including an opt-out widget for
e-mail, tweets, etc. from their company. One reason is that your website is a
place people are likely to look for that kind of thing. If ours didnât have it (and
Iâm now lobbying for it) then may-hap yours doesnât either. If thatâs somebody
elseâs âfaultâ, you could gently point it out to them. If itâs part of your own
job description, then you could say, âoh, good idea.â

If you thought of it long ago and implemented it, then you can
rest content in your forethought and perspicacity.

People who are distrustful of a message they find in their
inbox are unlikely to click anything within such a message.

You still include the link in your corporate sendings, because you are considered
remiss if you donât... but... see our previous exchanges in this now-tiresome thread.