RE: Regarding the "Next" button

Subject: RE: Regarding the "Next" button
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:23:21 -0700

Here's the problem, though. Craig has said that they actually DO have
both links and buttons on the same screen (Craig, unless there's a
really good reason for that, you need to see if you can get that
changed).

If I were the user, my first instinct would be that both "Nexts" would
do the same thing. But, I would also have in the back of my mind that
they might not. That little tiny bit of confusion, I think, warrants
some sort of acknowledgement. If for no other reason than to indicate to
your users that you've done it on purpose (and that maybe your design
team isn't a bunch of nitwits).

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Phil Snow Leopard

It seems unnecessary to me regardless of whether you have links and
buttons on the same page. If your audience won't be able to visually
identify 'Next' on the interface easily, I doubt adding the word
'button' or 'hyperlink' is going to do anything to help that.

The only case I can see for including the control word is if there were
two things on the same screen (one button, one hyperlink) that were both
labelled 'Next' (in which case, as Fred said, you have deeper problems
that need sorting out). Otherwise, it's just unnecessary verbiage.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help