Re: screen captures: ppi v. dpi

Subject: Re: screen captures: ppi v. dpi
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: Becca <becca -at- di -dot- org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:34:32 -0400

Hi Becca,

Snagit 11 finally includes an image resizer that allows adjustment of dpi
without resampling.

Typically you want to resize the image without resampling, which mean
specifying print dimensions and letting the dpi fall where it may. So
unless your designer can predict that all of your images are going to be
appropriately sized at 300 dpi, it may not make sense to arbitrarily choose
that resolution. You will probably get better results if you designer uses
the 96 dpi images as comps, specifies final print sizes, and adjusts each
image appropriately.

Cheers!

03/20/2012 03:12:15 PM:

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help