RE: What would you call this portlet?

Subject: RE: What would you call this portlet?
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:44:48 -0700

My only suggestion would be that if there are terms already being used within the culture that bear any resemblance to the ideas you're trying to convey, that's the direction I'd go. It's not like medical professionals need MORE jargon added to an already jargon-saturated environment. I'd say it's a pretty document-rich world. You'd think there'd be something usable already existing.

-Brian H.

-----Original Message----- From: Gregory P Sweet

Background: I work on a secure extranet that uses a WebLogic portal to provide users with secure access to over 200 applications and more than
10,000 documents. Users of the system are public health professionals and health care personnel of all technical skill levels and backgrounds. While there are over 200 applications and 10,000 documents available most users only require a small subset of those items, as such we are designing a new portlet.

The new portal will show a table of five elements and provide users with a mechanism to select what elements will be in the table:
â five most recently viewed documents
â five most frequently viewed documents
â five most recently opened applications
â five most frequently opened applications

Question: What would you title this portlet, assuming the title cannot be dynamic?

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help