Re: SDL Author Assistant

Subject: Re: SDL Author Assistant
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:57:29 -0400

Last time I worked in FrameMaker I downloaded their free plug-in and
used it quite extensively. I really liked it, but then again, four or
five years ago I was on a pilot project for acrolinx acrocheck (now
renamed to acrolinx IQ I think?), so I've had previous experience with
an automated style checker.

I think your experience will all depend on how thick your skin is
(wow, it finds a lot of errors!) and whether or not you have a solid
sense of which style rules you will follow and which you are more than
willing to break for clarity's sake. In other words, I would NOT
accept all recommendations from the tool (and would dig in my heels
with any manager that insisted on some sort of "passing grade" for my
docs).

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/