Flare and Sharepoint searching

Subject: Flare and Sharepoint searching
From: Melissa Nelson <melmis36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:42:31 -0400

Hello All,

I have tasked at work to try and optimize the searching capabilities of our Online Help system. It is set up as a series of Electronic Manuals that are accessed through a Sharepoint site and are done through Flare as Webhelp. Right now we can search using Flare's search capabilities. For instance opening an manual and using the Search tool in Flare. Is it possible to have it searchable within the Sharepoint site without having to go into the Flare manuals. This seemed to be OK with people for awhile but now they are wanting to be able to almost google something in an electronic manual and I am not even sure that is possible because the manuals themselves have a URL but the topics and books in Flare all share the same URL as the actual manual. Hopefully that makes sense. I have searched the madcap site and can't find anything..but I do know that Flare has new Sharepoint features; but I have not had a chance to play with them.

If anyone can even tell me how they use the Flare search features to the best advantage I would appreciate some tips.

Thanks!

Melissa

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help