Re: Title case in documentation

Subject: Re: Title case in documentation
From: Di <dicorrie -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:20:04 +1200

With the UI, I show it as it is and I don't use quotes except on the
names of some check boxes in our release notes. Our release notes are
in a database with no body format ability. The quotes make it easier
to see the name of some of the more peculiarly named check boxes. In
our user documentation I mainly use quotes to show something you pick
from a list.

To use some of the more advanced capabilities of our software
successfully, you need to understand end to end processes that you
can't see on the UI. I give proper names to these processes even
though they are not visible on the UI, and so they get caps too.

If everything starts to look over-capitalised I review them to see if
I can get rid of any. Often its because a word that is on the ui or in
a process name has got capitalised throughout, by someone who needs
reminding of the old rule I think of as 'the Government is also a
government'. Or I have got over-attached to my new name for a new
process and am using it way too often.

Di