Re: How Long to Keep Files of Completed Projects

Subject: Re: How Long to Keep Files of Completed Projects
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: LTC Writer <Ltc -dot- writer -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 08:55:51 -0700

I wouldn't think there is a legal requirement to keep them, because in
your contract you should have a clause that reverts all liability back
to the client when they've signed off the reviews.

But in out lawsuit happy generation, I'd say if you want to be
cautious, invest in a multi sheet document scanner and hire a library
sciences student to scan, catalogue, and archive your hard copies into
a system like Evernote that indexes text in images for easy CYA
retrieval.

Then shred the hard copies and make room for the new stuff.

-Tony

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help