Re: merging Robohelp projects?

Subject: Re: merging Robohelp projects?
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:10:41 -0500

I completely agree with Kevin about setting up Help files. It's one of
the hardest things about creating Help. You really need to work with
topics and set up a mental and formal map of the levels and their
relations, just like you would with a manual and it's TOC.

Your page intro doesn't have to be more than a sentence or short
paragraph, just enough to say where people are coming from (in the
help) and what info they'll find on the link/page.

I did that with some software manual I wrote and updated (one of the
few writers at the company who did). It always seemed dumb and boring,
but if people are paging through a doc or help file and see something
interesting, it will help give them the background.

Kathleen

--
Kathleen MacDowell