Re: 2 Concerns with accepting NDAs... Re: portfolio docsthatWEREconfidential...

Subject: Re: 2 Concerns with accepting NDAs... Re: portfolio docsthatWEREconfidential...
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:26:03 -0700

Is there any actual history of large numbers of people whose previous employers have refused their requests to use documents they've prepared for them in portfolios? I've had several past employers and clients who asked me to redact portions of documents ... Most just say, "sure, go ahead," and sign on the dotted line when I present them with a letter of permission in which I promise to redact anything they want redacted.

This is a good point, and I think where I initially went astray in my assumptions about my own work was taking their refusal for me to enter their docs in STC competition as if it were a refusal to divulge any portion of a doc.

Certainly publicizing an entire doc (for competition) is a much different story from redacting a doc or publicizing small excerpts. And indeed, now that I'm asking for this more limited form of permission, it's being much more successful.

So good point!
-Monique

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help