RE: Secure password explanation?

Subject: RE: Secure password explanation?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: yehoshua paul <yehoshua -dot- p -at- technicalwriting -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:17:58 -0400

You are probably correct.

So, for my own documents, I'm not going to bother importing that particular "security" practice from that particular example company.

As a very occasional user of company O's product, I have defaulted to the (much-despised) method described by another poster - get the admin to reset my password whenever I need to actually access the database.

As the writer for my own company's products, however, I remain on the lookout for security best-practices that I can convey to my readers, but only if those practices are helpful to the reader and not just a convenience for some DBA somewhere.

Cheers,

-k