Re: Re: Most innovative user doc output

Subject: Re: Re: Most innovative user doc output
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:44:35 -0500 (CDT)

While I appreciate both Gene's humor and his seriousness, (Hi, Gene!) I do hope we can continue to discuss the newer forms of documentation output.

The market I am writing for is global; our customer base is developing along with the young populations of many developing nations; those young people have different technological expectations than we do. For example, they expect to get answers on their smart phones.

While many North Americans prefer printed documentation, I'm really interested in finding out what the newer forms of production and output are. I don't want to be ignorant of them because my personal preferences are, well, those of a middle-aged North American!

The examples people have given thus far are wonderful and I'm passing them around to people inhouse so we can all open our eyes a bit.

Please keep them coming!

--Nancy

On 06/20/12, Gene Kim-Eng<techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:

I bought a new inkjet printer/scanner/FAX machine. It came with a printed manual.

Actually, I chose it BECAUSE it came with a printed manual while its nearest competitors all put virtually everything except their quick-start cards online.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help