Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People

Subject: Re: Careers For People Who Don't Like People
From: Phil03 <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:45:10 +0700

With all due respect, Tony, the "science" behind personality typing is pretty flakey.

It's based on

1. Statistical modelling from nowhere near representative samples and
2. Psychological models and personality theories that contain so many known flaws and controversies the only thing guaranteed about them is that they will be discarded in the future.

That's not to say people like yourself may not get some benefit out of trying to implement or reflect on some of the conceptual themes involved.

It's just to say...its a fad!

Best

Phil

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help