Re: Complying with ADA Section 508 for Color in UIs

Subject: Re: Complying with ADA Section 508 for Color in UIs
From: Margaret Cekis <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "Lauren N. Hart" <Lauren_Hart -at- 2is-inc -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 19:33:04 +0000 (UTC)

Lauren N. Hart asked about Complying with ADA Section 508 for Color in UIs
"Does anyone have any tips/resources for making our applications and websites compliant with this regulation?"
Lauren, check out the STC Accessibilty SIG's web site at http://www.stc-access.org/ for links to the various accessibility standards, good resources, and articles about them.
Also, Karen Mardahl(karen -at- mardahl -dot- dk), the SIG's chairman, has a personal blog primarily about accessibility that you can read for useful information and links to useful resources. There is a website that you can use to see how your web page or application UI would look to a person with the most common types of colorblindness, for instance. (I'm sorry that I don't have that specific link for you. It is probably what you need to get your developers to change the color scheme.) Check those out and good luck.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help