Re: Construction terminology question

Subject: Re: Construction terminology question
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:12:09 -0700

Yes, piles can be make of lots of thing, but the idea is still the same,
they can be preconstructed and driven in, holes can be bored and they can
be lowered in and then the space filled with concrete or backfill or they
can be formed in place (there was a company experimenting with nonmetallic
composite structures using spun fibers a while back, don't know if that
went anywhere). So unless you know for certain exactly how those piles are
getting installed, it is best not to use terms that imply specifics. Of
course, if you do know, then describe fully.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help