RE: Help with Gmail Filters

Subject: RE: Help with Gmail Filters
From: "Steve Janoff (non-Celgene)" <sjanoff -at- celgene -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, Ken Poshedly <poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net>, techwrl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:15:30 -0700

So Gene, are you saying you can use Eudora OSE as the front-end for Gmail and leave your Gmail e-mail on the web?

I used Eudora for ages at home but when Gmail came on board, starting leaving all mail in the cloud instead of downloading it. I prefer it that way.

Thanks,

Steve

PS - Ken, thanks for the info about the paid mode now being freely available. (Doh! I documented Eudora '96-'99, worked at Qualcomm '93-'03, but have been out of touch with the whole open source transition since the mid-2000's. I have 20 years' worth of archived mail, kept it going through 3 PC generations. Got a new PC early this year and have yet to move my Eudora mail over to it -- I was dreading having to do the install and hunt down the paid code that I got years ago!! Btw, my favorite feature has always been the search -- lightning fast. But I lament that the desktop client has faded from relevance. But it will always be one of the greatest software programs ever invented.:)