Cover Stories for Job-Hunting Absences

Subject: Cover Stories for Job-Hunting Absences
From: DoughtyTechWriter Mordant <doughtytechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TechWhirl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:18:31 -0700 (PDT)

I'm about to start jobhunting in earnest. If there's any interest, I will have to make some longer phone calls, have some Skype interviews, and eventually make actual physical visits for interviews, so I will need to get out of the office for a few hours now and then.

What kind of cover story have you offered in the past when you've been job-hunting?

I was thinking of something like physical therapy or some protracted dental torture, but these things would result in claims to my insurance. It might seem odd if the claims never arise if I have to look for a long time.

Doughty, now reporting to someone I could have sired/given birth to, who has no tech comm experience . . .

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help