Outsourcing translations versus in-house?

Subject: Outsourcing translations versus in-house?
From: ryan -dot- minaker -at- ca -dot- pwc -dot- com
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 08:19:28 -0500

Hi there,

Just curious -- does anyone on the list outsource translations versus
having in-house translators? Or have you recently transitioned from one to
the other? If so, can you recommend some companies that I should look into
and/or share some thoughts or experiences?

We do all our translations in-house now, but I'm trying to put together
some numbers (cost, turn around time etc) on the benefit (if any) on
moving to outsourcing. By looking strictly at the cost, the outsourcing is
looking like it's far cheaper, but I'm sure there is always some caveat...

I guess I should mention that I'm translating from English to French
(Canadian - if this matters).

Thanks!

Ryan

This e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed (the "addressee") and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use that a person other than the addressee makes of this communication is prohibited and any reliance or decisions made based on it, are the responsibility of such person. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by any person other than the addressee as a result of decisions made or actions taken based on this communication or otherwise. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.

Ce courriel est strictement rÃservà à l'usage de la personne à qui il est adressà (le destinataire). Il peut contenir de l'information privilÃgiÃe et confidentielle. L'examen, la rÃexpÃdition et la diffusion de ce message par une personne autre que son destinataire est interdite. Nous dÃclinons toute responsabilità à l'Ãgard des pertes ou des dommages subis par une personne autre que le destinataire par suite de dÃcisions ou de mesures fondÃes sur le contenu de cette communication ou autrement. Si vous avez reÃu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec son expÃditeur et en dÃtruire toutes les copies.
Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs