Re: hi

Subject: Re: hi
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "TechWhirl Admin" <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:25:35 -0500

Hi Connie,

It is funny, and it isn't at the same time. Everyone should know better, but yet, they don't. I worked at one of those networking firms that hired only the best of the best years ago.

Invariably, they would do "Reply All" to emails, asking "Please unsubscribe me" when every single group there was handled through the subscription web page.

If that wasn't bad enough, several would "Reply All" that the first person's reply wasn't the correct way to unsubscribe.

Then several would "Reply All" to quit replying all to the group.

Several more would then chastise those because they had "Reply All" to all of us when they should have replied only to the one.

You get the picture.

Remember, this was the tech world's "best of the best". The top 10 percent of the top 10 percent. They didn't invent it (Al did), but they made the Internet work. Yet, they could not comprehend email and how to use it properly.

So somehow, several hundred would get a message from a group we were automatically subscribed to, half a dozen or more would ask to unsubscribe, then a dozen would argue the rudeness of using Reply All, and that one unnecessary message would turn into 50 messages or more quickly.

Multiply that by the 20 or so email group lists most were subscribed to.

And everyone wondered why there was so much email that no one could get any work done.

You expect everyone to clip the spam from the end of the message?

----- Original Message ----- From: "TechWhirl Admin" <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>