RE: Recruiting dilemma

Subject: RE: Recruiting dilemma
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
To: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>, "salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com" <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:39:49 +0000

Whatever the recruiter's qualifications, abilities, or other obligations, it appears that neither Chris' nor the hiring company's interests are high on her list of priorities; if she is giving Chris the impression that he is a second-rate concern, then she will arguably (perhaps unwittingly) communicate the same thing to the hiring company.

"Hi There" would have been alright if it were, "Hi There, Chris". Just "Hi There" says, "I am spamming a gazillion people" and "you are not important enough for me to even bother typing out your name."

Personally, I value recruiters who will vet me thoroughly and then go to bat for me. That, is seems to me, is what they are paid for. I have worked with many recruiters and have had very good experiences, so I can't say that I would have much patience or respect for a recruiter that leaves me with the impression that I am just fodder.