RE: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for February 15, 2013

Subject: RE: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for February 15, 2013
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:48:20 -0500

My wife and I agree with that position (33rd anniversary coming this summer), especially about the chocolate.
Lindt dark chocolate still leads, in our estimation, though we're not above trying other kinds, just to reinforce that position (it has yet to be successfully challenged, but it's fun trying to find challengers nonetheless).

Gag-me-with-sappy-sentiment cards are off the menu.
If we want to indulge in snarky-humo[u]r cards, well birthdays and Christmas are already available.
February 14 is not sufficient excuse to move our one-day-a-week carbohydrate blow-out day. Birthdays and Christmas... are. :-)

I recently found out that I can sweeten hot chocolate - made from pure cocoa powder - with xylitol crystals instead of table sugar. Woohoo!

We never understood people who think of chocolate as some kind of condiment or treat-for-special-occasions.
It's a food group.
Vitamin "C". Ok... vitamin "Ch" then... oh heck...

Let's have a Techwr-l contest to come up a suitable vitamin designation for chocolate.
It's essential to keep the techwriter brain ticking over at optimal levels.
It's also essential to keep the mate purring and ensure marital harmony.
Would probably go some considerable way toward martial harmony, too.
Not good for cats or dogs, but that's their problem.
Anybody promoting carob will be escorted some suitable distance and handed a restraining order.
Void where prohibited. Prohibited where void.