Re: scroogled?

Subject: Re: scroogled?
From: sphilip <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 08:18:55 +0700

Since we're on this topic, and purely for theoretical reasons - it would be impractical as a general means of conducting business - another way to communicate privately with someone using public webmail accounts is to set up an account and share the password with the person you wish to communicate with. The correspondents write messages to each other by saving them in the drafts folder, where they can each read and respond to when they log in.

Since the messages are always 'draft's and never leave the server as 'sent', they don't get scanned either by Google or by anyone eavesdropping on internet traffic. Sharing the password of a Gmail account with someone else probably violates Google's terms of service and could lead to your account being suspended if detected (which they might do if you're regularly logging in from different sides of the world), but like I said, I mention this only out of technical interest.

Best

Phil
http://applehelpwriter.wordpress.com

On 26 Feb 2013, at 05:27, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com> wrote:

> If you'd like some privacy, think asymmetric cryptography.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z