RE: % of time technical writers spend on core tasks?

Subject: RE: % of time technical writers spend on core tasks?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:34:07 -0400

I started choking about the point where I snipped the rest of your post.

I'd be asking that twit when he became competent at his job, or if that was still in the future.

If his gums were still flapping in flabbergast, and I hadn't already been shown the other side of the door, I'd ask him to demonstrate what he was demanding by providing such numbers for what HE did all day/week/month/year/career. You DO have a well-developed example, based on your own work, of what you require from your [potential] clients, don't you?

Wouldn't be long before it would add up to a couple of hundred years that he'd been working, I bet.