RE: More on Re: Jobs.... Benefits... Job Testing, and other things

Subject: RE: More on Re: Jobs.... Benefits... Job Testing, and other things
From: Dana Worley <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:06:43 +0000

I'm confused. It looks like you might have inadvertently received a job announcement for an Engineer rather than a Technical Writer. So... OK, your first point is valid. Either their email system went haywire, or the key words in your resume triggered this engineering position, and the "real person" on the other end was too clueless or too busy to catch it.

But, I don't understand the cause for the rest of the rant. If the announcement were sent in error, for whatever reason, what is the basis for the rest of your comments? (Where did the $25/hour come from, out of that job posting?) My questions are mostly rhetorical. I'm just not seeing any reason to get all worked up over a misdirected job announcement.

BTW, in my neck of the woods, $120K would be AMAZING for a technical writer, and not so shabby for an engineer.

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Product Manager, Software Products
Campbell Scientific, Inc.