Re: LinkedIn

Subject: Re: LinkedIn
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:28:08 -0700

On 3/25/2013 8:01 PM, Ken Poshedly wrote:

Maybe one of you more versed in LinkedIn than I am can help.

I barely use it.

Or am I rushing through the LinkedIn screen too quickly and missing something?

LinkedIn changed its profile pages and looks closer to FB now. It does show connections for invitations so you can see how you are connected to a person.

I just looked at my profile and there was someone I do not know from Vancouver. I suspected how I may be connected to this person. Going directly to that person's profile did not help. The connection is viewable by accessing the profile through the messages icon in the top bar. Mouse over the letter and select the person from the Invitations menu. At the bottom right of the page, you should see your connection. You can send an email at the person's profile page if you pay for a subscription to LinkedIn.

I'm still not sure about using LinkedIn.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z