Re: Word-to-PDF - bookmarks for text box paras ?

Subject: Re: Word-to-PDF - bookmarks for text box paras ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Margaret Hassall" <margaret -dot- hassall -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:49:19 -0700

> Most likely, the style you are using (Title) does not have a heading outline level.
> Check the paragraph style, "Indents and Spacing" tab > General section. If the Outline level is "Body text" it won't be picked up. If you want it to be the highest level set it to level 1.
However, I think headings in text boxes are always shown AFTER headings from the body text.

You’re right – the outline level was “Body text,” and when I changed it to “Level 1” it appeared in the bookmarks :-). And happily, it appeared first!

But... It’s at Level 1, and so are my Heading 1 styles. So They’re not nesting right. And I’ve found that you cannot change the outline level of heading styles (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/microsoft.public.word.newusers/r0n30oJQHSM).

This doesn’t seem as if it should matter – it looks like the levels should be set from Word, in the PDF Preferences section. But I’m apparently having other issues because although I’ve clearly selected only the heading 1s and 2s in the Bookmarks tab, I’m getting levels 3 and 4 in the PDF bookmarks! So likely when I figure out what’s going wrong there, the title hierarchy will be fixed.

I’ve never had this trouble before, but now I’m working on a client’s machine, not my own. So I was wondering if the problem was in either the Word or Acrobat configuration. But I just tried the same file on my own system, and I got the same oddball results! So it’s definitely something odd with the way I’ve defined the styles... Weird.

-Monique

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n