Re: Make Your Voice Heard: Take the Adobe Tech Comm Survey: What You SAY is What You Get

Subject: Re: Make Your Voice Heard: Take the Adobe Tech Comm Survey: What You SAY is What You Get
From: <laura_johnson -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 16:52:20 -0600

Setting aside the appearance (or lack thereof) of legitimacy, that was one of the most poorly designed surveys I've seen in a long time! Set aside the formatting issues (ALL CAPS? REALLY? and on Firefox, the captions of the icons for length of time I've used a tool were hidden, so I just went "ooh, long time" and pegged them to the right) - still, they're collecting invalid data. For example, although I stated I wasn't currently using the Adobe tools, they still asked me what I would consider as a replacement for RoboHelp ("the tool you use" ... um, no it isn't, and I told you that), and then asked me questions about my impressions of stuff I don't use - Adobe Tech Comm support, for example - with no "not applicable" option available. And they never did ask me what tools I do use. ... I found the whole experience a bit bizarre.

regards,
Laura Johnson
Learning Products Engineer
Agilent Technologies