Re: bouncing back from interview disappointment (WAS: Advice needed for an upcoming interview)

Subject: Re: bouncing back from interview disappointment (WAS: Advice needed for an upcoming interview)
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:04:19 -0700

I had a pleasant experience in this area. Also years ago, I applied for a
position through contacts, but by the time I'd heard about the role, the
company had already run a short list of candidates through two interviews
and were preparing an offer. However, the manager invited me meet anyway,
because I might be useful in the future. I took advantage of the
opportunity to network with this company. After all, what if the new hire
didn't work out?

Anyway, I eventually met the successful candidate for that position in my
social/professional circles, and concurred that this person was a better
fit, based on the requirements of the role. Win-Win.

So I don't think it hurts to let a candidate know their chances, and leave
it in their court if they still want to interview. I believe in this day
and age, employers need to be truthful.

-Tony

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n