Re: The ethics of tech writing

Subject: Re: The ethics of tech writing
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 20:11:35 -0400

Folks,

Unless you can convince me that there's a way to debate ethics in technical
writing without your personal value judgements getting involved, this
particular thread needs to stop. Kind of a shame since it really is a
worthwhile topic, one that I would encourage you all to blog about (or
consider a column for TechWhirl). However, as we've seen, it's far too
easy for people to make judgements and ad hominem attacks where no offense
was intended or inferred.

I encourage you to read a post thoroughly before replying, and to stop
before you hit send--it there's a question about whether it's appropriate,
just DON'T post it. Better yet, reread the rules
http://www.techwr-l.com/rules-expectations.html

Thanks,

Connie Giordano
List Moderator/TechWhirl Editor

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Porrello, Leonard <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>wrote:

> Please see comments in-line below.

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl