Assistance Needed for Technical Communication Survey

Subject: Assistance Needed for Technical Communication Survey
From: "Sofia Pierson" <spierson1 -at- missouriwestern -dot- edu>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:21:47 -0500

Technical Communication: Communication Preferences in Work Environments

Survey Consent Form

My name is Sofia Pierson. I am a graduate student in the Technical Communication program at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, Missouri. I am

conducting a survey as part of a case study for a paper.

If you are 18 or older, then you are eligible to participate in this survey.

The survey involves answering questions about your communication and work style preferences. The survey takes only a few minutes to complete. The purpose of the survey is to discover which communication style technical writers prefer to use, especially when communicating with a global audience.

Participation is completely voluntary, and your responses will be completely anonymous. The data I collect will be analyzed for communication preferences in work environments.

There are no consequences if you decide not to complete the survey.

If you agree to complete the survey, any personal information gathered will

be kept until June 20, which is when the paper is due. By filling out the

survey, you are consenting to participate.

The survey link below is for any technical communicator.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6VTB5L6

If you do not want to complete the survey, simply delete this email.

If you have any questions about the assignment, you can contact me at

spierson1 -at- missouriwestern -dot- edu -dot- This project has been approved by the

Institutional Review Board at Missouri Western State University, (project number

1784).

Please keep this letter for your records. Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Sofia Pierson

spierson1 -at- missouriwestern -dot- edu

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ