RE: Robo vs Flare

Subject: RE: Robo vs Flare
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>
To: Peter Grainge <pgforums -at- gmx -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:24:05 +0000

My comment was not aimed at you in the least, Peter. My last message to you was in thanks for correcting me regarding my inaccurate recollection of the Macromedia+Adobe+RoboHelp debacle. Even though my message was not aimed at you, I am nevertheless sorry that my message made you feel the need to justify your value and contribution to society.

For the record, I see absolutely nothing wrong with making a living out of supporting RoboHelp or any tool or technology. Supporting tools and technology to the end of helping people is what tech writers are all about (as I see it).

What I do strongly object to is when someone who has a deeply vested interest chimes into a debate or discussion without disclosing his or her inability to be objective--and instead pretends to offer objective feedback. To my knowledge, Peter, that was not where you were coming from.