Re: Numbered versus unnumbered heads in very technical reference guides

Subject: Re: Numbered versus unnumbered heads in very technical reference guides
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: tech2wr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:49:44 -0400

By all that is holy, if you're going to number headings (and I can
appreciate Fred's argument for numbers), limit the number of levels that
you have! At my last job we had numbered headings that went six, seven,
eight levels deep. I think I might have found one section that went to nine
levels. And it was not pretty.

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/