Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for August 9, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:01:19 -0400

This week we mix in a little “original programming” with one of the great
hallmarks of summer (at least in the U.S.)—time for some summer reruns. If
you missed it the first time around, check out our most popular April
Fools’ Day article ever. Join in our unofficial renaming of our industry by
voting in this week’s poll and commenting as you see fit. And then see what
everyone else is talking about in tech comm and content management with
Tech Writer This Week.

Join the growing crowd—consider writing for TechWhirl as a member of
the Special
Writers Unit <http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-today-magazine/swu/>. To get
in touch, just drop us a note <http://techwhirl.com/contact-us/> and let us
know what kinds of topics you're most interested. And don’t forget to stop
by the email discussion list <http://techwr-l.com/> for helpful,
interesting, and occasionally cantankerous viewpoints on all things tech
comm.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for August 8, 2013 | http://bit.ly/17zuJEL
- Summer Rerun: Yahoo CEO Bans Technical Writers from Working at Office
| http://bit.ly/YWg1ty
- What is the Name of Our Industry? (Poll) | http://bit.ly/14tTFm9

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl